Friday, April 1, 2011

"Grim Reaper Day" urges students not to drink

Greenwich Time (Greenwich, CT) March 31, 2011 "Thirty-six students walked among their classmates down the halls of Greenwich High School Thursday wearing long, white T-shirts and yellow placards around their necks describing how they 'died,' based on true events: 'Today, I was at a party. I drank too much, passed out and died from blood alcohol poisoning. I wish someone had called 911,' a placard read. 'Today, while crossing Hillside Road, a drunk driver hit me. I died after being on life support for 12 hours,' another stated. These students volunteered to participate in GHS's first 'Grim Reaper Day' to draw attention to teen alcohol-related tragedies, enacting their own 'deaths' to show their peers alcohol-related tragedies could happen to them and that they are preventable." Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment