Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Students learn anti-bullying skills with Girl Scouts

Wilton Villager (Norwalk, CT) March 5, 2012


"Brookside School fourth grader Daneesha Dupree knows first-hand the effects of being bullied, but given the tools she has learned in the weekly Connecticut Girl Scout Council-sponsored GIRLZ R.U.L.E. program at her school she dealt with the bullying directly.
'People that used to be my friends stopped being my friends for no reason and started picking on me,' said Daneesha. 'Coming here has taught me to stand up for myself. I talked to them and said, 'I'm the same person I was before' and told them to stop picking on me. When I said that, they stopped.'
GIRLZ R.U.L.E. is a program that the Girl Scout Council has put into place in some of the local schools to offset what facilitator Donna Lellis calls, 'the devastating effects of bullying.'" Read More

No comments:

Post a Comment