Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Norwich 13-Year-Old Rallies Peers to Anti-Drunken Driving Cause

Norwich Bulletin, June 16, 2014

"Since last fall, 13-year-old Shenandoah Baker and almost 200 other Kelly Middle School seventh-graders have shown up to class with a very important accessory to their uniforms.

'In the beginning, I thought there weren’t going to be a lot of volunteers. In the long run, I got 146,' Shenandoah said of the anti-drunken driving awareness initiative she brought to the school after witnessing a disturbing sight on Halloween night.

She and her mother were driving past a house in Waterford. 'As I turned my head to look the other way, I saw a group of stumbling teenagers. And I turned to my mom and said, ‘What if one of them got into a car?’ And that’s led to SADD,' Shenandoah said." Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment