Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Rancho Santa Margarita Could Become 1st California City To Outlaw Bullying

CBS Los Angeles, June 23, 2014

"Rancho Santa Margarita could become the first city in California to outlaw bullying.

Orange County attorney and Rancho Santa Margarita Mayor Pro-Tem Brad McGirr spoke to a crowd of schoolchildren about being bullied after a suicide resulted from a case of online bullying in part motivated him to write an anti-bullying ordinance.

'When I was your age, real briefly, I was bullied,' McGirr told the students. 'I was bullied a lot.'

The ordinance is set to go before the City Council on Wednesday. 'My goal is to create a conceptual ordinance that the City Council can discuss, that we can leap from, and say "Look, how can we help children," McGirr said. 'It’s not about me. It’s not about my city. It’s about my community.'" Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment