CT Post, July 18, 2014
"A few days ago, Police Chief Gary MacNamara said, an emergency call to police reported that a Fairfield resident was overdosing on heroin. Luckily, he said, when first responders arrived at the scene, the overdose victim had already started to regain consciousness.
But when that doesn't happen, local police, firefighters and emergency medical technicians will soon be able to dispense naloxone, also known as narcan, to block the effects of opiates and help a victim to breathe again." Read more