The Washington Post, August 23, 2015
"The first call came at 7:33 p.m. last Sunday: Two people had overdosed on heroin in a home just a few hundred yards from the station where firefighters were awaiting their nightly round of drug emergencies.
Six minutes later, there was another. A 50-year-old man had been found in his bedroom, blue from lack of oxygen, empty bags of heroin by his body.
At 8:11, a third call. Then another, and another, and another and another." Read more
For resources to talk to your teen about the dangers of substance abuse, click here.