Monday, May 12, 2014

Access Remains Limited in Connecticut to Overdose Reversal Drug Narcan

New Haven Register, May 11, 2014

"The walls, papered in obituaries of friends who succumbed to drug overdoses, had finally closed in on Michael Carlson that fateful day in April 2009.

While his parents cooked dinner in the kitchen of their Bristol home, Carlson snuck to his bedroom to boot heroin for what he believed was the last time, in a suicide attempt. When his parents checked on him, they found him gray, unconscious and not breathing.

Tracy Carlson rushed to the laundry room for the bottles of Narcan she had purchased two weeks before, at a parent support group meeting in Southington. At the time, she had only $9 in cash, enough for three bottles of the life-saving drug. She needed two to get her son breathing again, before paramedics arrived and took over." Read more

No comments:

Post a Comment